For you who haven’t read the part 1 of this post click here.
OK, in the previous post i had explained the server side configuration on how to setup the OpenVPN on CentOS. In this post I’ll try to explain on how to setup the client and test the VPN if it is working or not.
Lets get started then..
1. Make a new user for the vpn client.
then give it a password. (note. password is always invisible when entered to the terminal)
2. Next, we need to download the ca.crt file from the server. I’ll use WinSCP to download the file.
open your winscp and enter the needed credentials
3. Next step, we have to make an .ovpn file containing.
remote [ip-server-vpn] 1194
4. For the verification later. lets check our ip address. open up your internet browser and open ipchicken.
5. Open up your openVPN client software. I’ll use this client software to do it.
if not, check back again all the configuration you have done before.
“the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..”